Course DescriptionGet an in depth look into the life and work of one of our greatest imaginative writers, Ray Bradbury. Ray Bradbury, author of Fahrenheit 451, was one of the 20th century’s most prolific, visionary and celebrated authors. Published in more than 40 languages, he indelibly altered the field of “fantasy” literature through the originality of his ideas and the artistry of his prose. This course explores creative writing perspectives and strategies with the life and work of Ray Bradbury serving as inspiration and foundation.
- Learn about Ray Bradbury, directly from Sam Weller, literary master and authorized biographer.
- Study Bradbury’s remarkable and prodigious creative process—on your own schedule.
- Deepen your creative writing skills through interactive assignments and writing projects geared to enhance your creativity.
Required texts to be purchased separately:
- Bradbury, R. (2010). The Stories of Ray Bradbury. New York: Alfred A. Knopf. ISBN 0307269051
- Bradbury, R. (2012). The Martian Chronicles. New York: Simon & Schuster. ISBN 1451678193
- Bradbury, R. (2013). Fahrenheit 451. New York: Simon & Schuster. ISBN 1451673310