Course DescriptionAmerican Sign Language (ASL) is the native language of deaf people in the U.S. and Canada. In this introductory ASL course, you’ll build your conversational skills to better communicate with the deaf individuals you encounter throughout your personal and professional life. Learn a vital skill that will open doors to a career as an ASL interpreter and help you advocate for the Deaf community.
- Interact with an internationally known deaf instructor with extensive experience teaching ASL in the arts community.
- Gain exposure to the cultural and societal norms of the Deaf community.
- Explore a blend of practical interpreter training and opportunities for creative application.
- Develop your ASL skills online and on your schedule.
- Enhance your resume and career.